what if i told you that you could eat something that was so similar to cous cous that you wouldn't know the difference, but didn't have any of the processed carbs AND had all the nutrition of cauliflower? are you saying you'd want to marry me? i don't blame you, not one bit. recipe and more after the jump!
1 cup sun-dried tomatoes
4 heaping cups of cauliflower "cous cous"
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 tablespoon grape seed oil
1 cup thinly sliced leeks
- sea salt and fresh cracked black pepper
- soak sun-dried tomatoes in water to rehydrate
- pulse cauliflower in food processor until it takes on the consistency and texture of cous cous
- sauté garlic and leeks in grape seed oil in a cast iron skillet (or frying pan) over medium/low heat for a few minutes
- drain and chop sundried tomatoes into small pieces and add to skillet. continue to cook until the leeks are soft
- add cauliflower "cous cous" and cook until warmed through and softened (don't overcook or it will get mushy)
- season with sea salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste