I did it, I made another faux cheesecake that I'm so excited about! Remember this one topped with rhubarb? SO GOOD! This time I mixed up the recipe a bit and topped it with figs, drizzled honey over the top and then generously sprinkled with Maldon salt over every square inch. HEAVEN. There are no words for how delicious it is. I promise, I'm not just gratuitously thumping myself on the back here. It's mind blowingly good! That combo of salty and sweet, it's just insane. So please, even if you never make another recipe from this blog again, make this. And share it with your friends, they'll probably gift you something in thanks. (PRESENTS!) Recipe and more after the jump! xx- Sarah
SALTED HONEY AND FIG CHEESECAKE
2 1/4 cups of almond flour
2 cups dates, seeds removed
1/4 cup pecans
1/4 cup walnuts
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
3 cups cashews, soaked
1/4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
1 1/4 cup almond milk
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons raw honey
Maldon sea salt to taste
a basket of ripe, sweet figs
- Soak cashews for at least 4 hours, overnight if you can
- Combine all of the crust ingredients in a food processor fitted with an S blade and pulse until combined. You may need to hand stir in order to help the food processor along with this at points. I prefer my crust some of the nuts not completely broken down, I like the texture they add. But pulse until you're pleased with the consistency.
- Press crust "dough" into a 9" springform pan, using wet fingers to form it into a solid crust. Place in the freezer until ready to assemble.
- Drain the cashews and discard soaking water. In a Vitamix or other high powered blender, combine the cake ingredients and blend until smooth. You will need to use the tamper tool (I call it the mixing stick), to help the blender along.
- Scoop cake topping into spring form pan and spread evenly. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze for at least 2 hours.
- To serve, remove from freezer, remove from pan and let sit for 15 minutes. Combine raw honey with warm water until it softens and becomes easily drizzled.
- Clean figs, place three in the center of the cake and slice remaining figs into quarters (or arrange them however you'd like!)
- Drizzle cake and figs with honey (more or less to your preference) and sprinkle generously with Maldon salt (the salt is a critical part, so feel add just a little and serve with a separate side of salt to sprinkle on to individual taste!)